As a candidate for public office in St. Louis, Mike Gras is committed to working on behalf of his constituents and fighting for a brighter future for his city. Here are some of Mike’s priorities:
- Structural Reform: Mike believes that our city government needs to be reformed to better serve the needs of all residents, regardless of their background or circumstances. He supports reforming the ward capital system to increase equity and capacity to build, as well as getting alders out of incentive negotiations and infrastructure planning. Mike will work to ensure that all of these changes are made with an eye towards building racial equity and repairing damage done by decades of racist policies.
- Community Safety: As a father to two young children, Mike knows that safety is a top concern for all of us. He wants to support the new police chief as he gets acquainted and begins implementing his data-driven strategies to reduce crime. Mike also supports improving traffic and pedestrian safety, including the implementation of a city-wide streets plan, and has fought for increased traffic safety in our neighborhood, including speed humps and the North Kingshighway safety redesign.
- Equitable Development: Mike knows that development can be a powerful force for positive change, but only if it benefits everyone in our city. He supports working with the St. Louis Development Corporation (SLDC) to implement a new open and transparent system for awarding incentives that keeps development moving and sends the benefits of the development to areas in our city most in need.
- Embracing Innovation: Mike is passionate about the potential of technology to transform our city and make it a leader in the 21st century. He believes that we need to embrace innovation and new ideas to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future for St. Louis. Mike will work to create partnerships between businesses, the community, universities, and government to promote new technologies and support entrepreneurship.
- Fighting for Justice: Mike believes that our criminal justice system needs to work better for our residents, victims, and defendants. He supports holding our prosecutor accountable for her actions and ensuring that her office operates with increased transparency, integrity, and a commitment to justice for all.
These are just a few of the issues that Mike is passionate about. He is committed to listening to his constituents and working collaboratively to find solutions to the challenges facing St. Louis. If you have ideas or concerns you’d like to share, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Mike’s campaign team. Together, we can build a brighter future for our city.